Monday, January 5, 2009

Something to make you laugh.



Here's a sweet picture of Nora enjoying some banana baby food last week. She's just now starting solids and has taken to them quickly.

Nora also took her first bath with Ella today! It was kind of successful. She loved being in the water, but was determined to launch herself out of the Bebe Pod Julee loaned us. The bath ended when she did just that and got a little water in her mouth.

We met up with Rachel and Isaac at Chick-Fil-A today. Ella and Isaac managed to catch the attention of the entire restaurant! They love each other and haven't seen each other in a few weeks. Isaac was waiting outside the play area as we came in the door and when they spotted each other, they both ran with open arms screaming the other one's name. It was adorable! They were so excited to get together again!

So here's the funny part of this post. When I was pregnant with Ella I was totally concerned, as are most first time moms, about what she would look like. Richard and I both have strong features and I just knew she would get the worst of both of us. Compounding this fear was Richard's mastery of Photoshop- which he needs for his job. He took our pictures one day while we were bored- I think I was around 38 weeks and VERY swollen. He then put the two of us together to see what our child would look like. The picture below is what he made. I laughed so hard that I cried. As a result the first words out of my mouth when I came out from under anesthesia and saw Ella were, "Oh! She's so beautiful!" I honestly expected something alien-like. Enjoy and try not to be scared!

2 comments:

  1. That photo is truly terrifying. Must turn off computer now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just hilarious. My face hurts from laughing so hard!!

    ReplyDelete