Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Last of 2008......






And the first of 2009. This is our family tradition, although we managed to fail a little for the first time this year. The year Elizabeth was born we started taking our last picture of the year of all of us together just before midnight. We would then take the first picture of the new year just after midnight. Last year I was in bed, pregnant, exhausted. Richard failed to yell up and tell me the new year had begun. I was irritated. This year we failed because the girls were in bed sleeping before midnight. I woke them up and made them take a pic. We went to bed without taking a pic in 2009, so we did it this morning in the kitchen. Enjoy our past years picture as well as the first pic of 2009! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you're blogging! I'm impressed that you woke the girls for a pic last night. I'd be deathly afraid of not going back to sleep. Nora is so cute in the first photo--I love those cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Welcome to blogger world!! I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete