Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dad's birthday, NYD, a date with Nora



So Blogger is really irritating me. I haven't yet mastered the format on here, and the result is that this post is backwards. Bear with me as I adjust to using Blogger.

Richard and I had a date with Nora this evening at Ferrando's on Timothy. We absolutely love Ferrando's. If you haven't been you are totally missing out. They have the best hot wings we have ever tasted. Ella is nuts for the wings and will probably be upset to find out that we went without her. I am on a diet, and having lost 10 pounds as of today, I was not willing to blow my progress, so I stuck with lighter fare and only nabbed one of Richard's wings.

Ella is spending the night with Jeff and Maura. She absolutely loves going to their house for 2 reasons:
1- She gets to play with their adorable little dog Gingersnap.
2- She gets to be the complete center of attention of 2 adults! This is her dream come true.

I'm starting to wonder how many times they've watched Wall-E so far.















In other news, Richard's 33rd birthday was yesterday. It was low key around the house. Ella and I did manage to buy a small cake, cards and a gift. We were attempting to be sneaky by going to the kitchen alone to light the candles and sign cards. Unfortunately her excitement got the best of her. As I was trying to light candles she threw the cards on the floor, grabbed the pack of candles and starting shoving as many as she could into the cake while yelling, "no mom! He needs more candles!" The gig was up when I realized Richard was standing right beside me watching me light the candles. He is really mastering the art of sidling. I actually screamed when I saw him next to me.





On New Year's Day we completed our second tradition of the NYE/NYD holiday. We have spent dinner at Jeff and Maura's house every NYD since 2006. I think it's a wonderful tradition! The girls absolutely love them and Richard and I do too. They always serve good food, good wine and we have lots of fun. This year, after a few drinks, Jeff broke out the bagpipes. Ella would scream and run from him as if he were weilding a machete, but it was all in good fun. Here's a picture of Jeff doing his thing.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, OMG-those wings at Ferrandos are excellent. Thanks for suggesting it. We finally ordered them the other nite. And I don't even care for wings that much, but they are great. Congrats on your dieting success! That sugar free diet much be working:)

    ReplyDelete